The User Fields tab allows you to configure the fields that a new user is asked to complete on the registration page:
To add a new user field you need to specify the following:
- Field Name - This will be displayed as the label for the field.
- Field Type - You can choose between a simple textfield, a textarea, a dropdown list or a checkbox list.
- Required - Tick this box if you want the user to have to enter something for this field before they can register.
- External user registration - Tick this box if you wish to allow external users to register, doing so will create an external user form and a link on the log in screen to allow external users to reach it.
- Show on Profile Page: Tick this box if you wish to allow users to see and edit this field through "Your Profile" page. This will not prevent the field from showing on the registration page though.
If you create a dropdown list or a checkbox list, then you will need to provide a set of values for the user to choose from. To do this, click the 'edit field values' link next to your newly created user field. This takes you to the User Field Values page where you can enter your values one at a time.
The custom user fields can be reordered by dragging them to a new position. This will change the order on both the registration page and the user profile page (this feature is available from version 3.1323.1).
Hiding default fields on Users' profile page
You can also hide some of the default user fields editing the ApplicationSettings.properties file (you will need to restart Tomcat to apply the changes).
Those fields are:
setting name: show-forename-on-profile
setting name: show-surname-on-profile
setting name: show-organisation-on-profile
setting name: show-address-on-profile
- Receive Alerts (checkbox)
setting name: show-receive-alerts-on-profile
Note: these fields will be always visible on registration page.