The User Fields tab allows you to configure the fields that a new user is asked to complete on the registration page:
To add a new user field you need to specify the following:
- Field Name - This will be displayed as the label for the field.
- Field Type - You can choose between a simple textfield, a textarea, a dropdown list or a checkbox list.
- Required - Tick this box if you want the user to have to enter something for this field before they can register.
- External user registration - Tick this box if you wish to allow 'external users' (e.g. non-staff) to register (using a separate registration form). Doing so will create an 'external user' form and an additional link on the login screen to allow external users to reach it.
- Show on Profile Page: Tick this box if you wish to allow users to see and edit this field through "Your Profile" page. This will not prevent the field from showing on the registration page though.
If you create a dropdown list or a checkbox list, then you will need to provide a set of values for the user to choose from. To do this, click the 'edit field values' link next to your newly created user field.
Hiding default fields on Users' profile page
You can also hide some of the default user fields editing the ApplicationSettings.properties file.
Those fields are:
setting name: show-forename-on-profile
setting name: show-surname-on-profile
setting name: show-organisation-on-profile
setting name: show-address-on-profile
- Receive Alerts (checkbox)
setting name: show-receive-alerts-on-profile
Additional settings for default fields
You can also make the Organisation field mandatory with the users-organisation-mandatory setting, and the Org Unit field with org-unit-mandatory-on-registration or the address field with users-register-strict-address.
users-register-strict - Set to true if you want strict validation on registration (ie all fields mandatory except fax)