We are currently overhauling how download works in Asset Bank. The initial changes relate to the way users can download a copy of the original file or converted sizes.
This is how it will look (though it will list the presets you have configured):
Downloading from the asset details page
The main benefits include:
- It's quicker, allowing the user to get what they need fast
- It's simpler, no longer taking the user to a new page that they then have to digest before progressing
- It has a more modern, aesthetically pleasing, appearance
Previously, you could configure lots of elements to show on the download page including:
- Key attributes (repeating these during the download process)
- A bespoke message related to the download option
- T&Cs (requesting these be accepted prior to download)
- Agreements (bespoke terms related to individual assets)
- Reason for download (asking users why they are downloading an asset)
These are all still respected, but are now shown in sequence, rather than all on the same large/complex page. This way you can guarantee that each element is viewed.
Admins can review how this looks of course and may want to make changes to their download process if things seem too laborious for users. E.g. if 'reason for download' is never reviewed, then an admin may decide to remove this from the download process to make life easier for end users.
Clients who have T&Cs configured during download
The new download process has additional benefits for clients who ask users to accept T&Cs during download. These are detailed here: Improvements to T&Cs on download