Key improvements include:
1) Always select the correct Asset Type
Previously users would often upload and forget to change the asset type before proceeding. They would then have to delete the assets and start again.
With New Uploader, you select the asset type before uploading files, enforcing a conscious decision and reducing error.
2) Save time by entering common metadata during upload
Previously you'd have to wait for all files to upload before getting a chance to enter any metadata. That "dead time" has now been removed, allowing you to add metadata while the files are uploading.
3) See the files you are bulk tagging
Previously you would not see thumbnails of the files you are uploading, you'd only see the filenames. Now you see thumbnails as well - making it easier to know what you're tagging and helping you think of the right tags.
4) Deal with duplicates immediately
Previously you'd not be immediately aware of assets in your upload that are already in your DAM. This is now in place, allowing uploaders to deal with these right away.
5) Save time by quickly bulk tagging sets of assets
We now offer a completely new way of interacting with your files. You can now select some files and append more tags to these. Drastically improving the upload workflow.
6) Keep assets in the forefront whilst you are tagging them
Previously when tagging an individual asset you'd not see the preview whilst scrolling down and completing the metadata. Now the metadata is in a separate right hand panel, so if you scroll down the preview is always still visible.
7) Better all round user experience, making it easy to onboard new uploaders
New users will require less training as the interface is much more visual and logical.