Currently, only Java 8 is supported for on-premise Asset Banks. Support for Java 11 will be available in the near future.
- Download the latest version of AdoptOpenJDK 8. We recommend you choose the JVM HotSpot.
- Install or unzip the contents to a sensible location. Typically this will be something like "C:\Program Files\Eclipse Adoptium\jdk-8.0.xxx.x-hotspot".
- Add the JDK bin directory to your system's PATH variable. Typically this will be "C:\Program Files\Eclipse Adoptium\jdk-8.0.xxx.x-hotspot\bin".
- Open the Tomcat service manager which can be found at "[tomcat_home]\bin\Tomcat8w.exe" or "[tomcat_home]\bin\Tomcat9w.exe" depending on your version of Tomcat.
- On the Java tab, set the Java Virtual Machine to the new JVM which will typically be found at "C:\Program Files\Eclipse Adoptium\jdk-8.0.xxx.x-hotspot\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll"
- Restart Tomcat
If your distribution includes a package manager such as apt-get or yum, the easiest and recommended option is to install Java 8 OpenJDK. Otherwise:
1. Download AdoptOpenJDK 8. We recommend you choose the JVM HotSpot and Download JDK
2. Untar the downloaded file to a sensible location in directory structure, e.g. /opt
3. Add the bin directory for this version of Java to the PATH for the user running the tomcat service, e.g. export PATH=<path to java directory>/bin:$PATH
4. Restart Tomcat