The Asset Bank InDesign Extension enables you to find images stored in Asset Bank and import them into Adobe Indesign, all without leaving the InDesign desktop app.
Before you start
- Ensure that you have Adobe InDesign 2019 or 2020 installed and that it is currently closed.
- Download Anastasiy's Extension Manager (choose the right version for your Operating System), unzip it and install it.
- Contact our Support team for the Asset Bank InDesign Extension download file. When downloading, please ensure to save it to a memorable folder on your device.
Setting up the integration
Once you have installed the components above, follow the steps below to link your Asset Bank with InDesign:
- Launch Anastasiy's Extension Manager.
- Choose InDesign 2019 or 2020 in the 'Adobe Products' panel.
- Click 'Install' and then select the Asset Bank InDesign Extension file you downloaded from the link provided.
Next, launch InDesign and select Window > Extensions > Asset Bank
The cog icon will allow you to link the extension to your Asset Bank.
After clicking the cog you will need to input your Asset Bank base URL. The base URL can be found by clicking the About link in the footer of your Asset Bank.
For Image Handling select Linked.
The path for images is a path of your choosing where the files will be stored, either locally on your machine or on a workdrive.
Using the Extension
Once configured you will be able to log in to your usual Asset Bank user account. Searching and browsing appears as normal, with the addition of being able to download a version of an asset into InDesign directly from a thumbnail.
You can also download assets using any pre-defined download options which your user account has privileges to use, exactly like in full web version of Asset Bank.