Why consider cloud hosting?
We are often asked about the benefits of hosting Asset Bank on our cloud hosted platform (for both shared and dedicated hosting). These questions often arise from:
- Customers reassessing their own IT infrastructure and spend
- Finding that the speed/performance of their self-hosted Asset Bank is slower than expected
- Obtaining updates can take too long and is complicated
- Resolving support queries taking longer than desired due to access requirements
- The server or infrastructure that hosts Asset Bank has become vulnerable to or a victim of a security incident
By hosting on your own infrastructure, your IT team is responsible for the maintenance & security of the servers and is required to get involved when either your Asset Bank software needs an upgrade or if there is a technical issue that needs resolving.
The Asset Bank Cloud
Over the past few years cloud technology has transformed the way that applications are able to be served. Where previously it was necessary to maintain your own in-house infrastructure in order to deliver an application to your users, this is no longer the case and the downsides of self-hosting (some examples shown above) are now being outweighed by the benefits of cloud hosting (see below).
By hosting Asset Bank on our cloud hosted infrastructure, we effectively become a one-stop-shop for everything Asset Bank. If you have a technical query, we can resolve it more swiftly and upgrades become an automatic process. Ultimately we concentrate on the technical side enabling you to focus on using Asset Bank and maximising your brand's assets.
Benefits of the Asset Bank Cloud
By hosting Asset bank in the cloud, you'll benefit from:
- Automatic upgrades - Access the latest features as soon as they're released, free of charge. Learn more about Automatic Upgrades here.
- Faster bug fixes - Receive the fastest access to fixes that otherwise would have required a scheduled upgrade.
- Speedier support - as we have direct access to the application and host it ourselves, we can investigate and resolve issues significantly faster.
- High availability - Our commitment to ensure your Asset Bank remains available all day, every day, according to our defined Service Levels, using the latest infrastructure technologies.
- Peace of mind - Our application experts support the entire system, from the application code all the way through to the hosting infrastructure, resulting in one less application for your IT Team to worry about.
- Flexibility - host your solution with us in either the EU, North America or Australia using the latest Amazon Web Services technologies.
- Scalability - Our leverage of AWS S3 allows for terabytes of data to be stored.
- Simplicity - All popular Single Sign on technologies are supported including ADFS, Azure AD, Okta and any other SAML 2.0 compliant identity provider. We also have integrations for Crowd, OpenID, Google and Sage Passport. Allowing staff to login automatically whilst supporting email/password login for partner organisations.
- Fully managed security and reliability - Delivered by our dedicated in-house infrastructure team.
- Fair subscription tiers so you only pay for what you need.
- Access to exclusive cloud-only features such as:
- Brand Hub - our interactive Brand Guidelines platform
- Admin Dashboard - visual data insights
- Adobe Indesign Extension - Connect with Indesign, further Adobe CC extensions coming soon
- Automatic Keyword Tagging- using Google Vision and Amazon Rekognition A.I
- Asset Bank CDN - for greater global asset performance
- Microsoft Office Integration
- Asset Transformer - dynamic configurable crops, served over CDN
- Amazon SES E-Mail forwarding
- Enhanced Sharing Options
- And more features being added all the time
Moving to the Asset Bank Cloud is easy. You will be assigned a technical migration specialist who will support you every step of the way.
To learn more, speak to a Customer Success Manager today.