What are the benefits?
We are often asked about the benefits of hosting Asset Bank on our cloud hosted platform (for both shared and dedicated hosting). These questions often surface when a client is reassessing their own IT infrastructure or if they are finding that the speed/performance of Asset Bank is slower than expected.
By hosting on your own infrastructure, your IT team are responsible for the maintenance & security of the servers and are required to get involved when either your Asset Bank software needs an upgrade or if there is a technical issue that needs resolving. By hosting Asset Bank on our cloud hosted infrastructure, we effectively become a one-stop-shop for everything Asset Bank. If you have a technical query, we can resolve it more swiftly and upgrades become an automatic process. Ultimately we concentrate on the technical side enabling you to focus on using Asset Bank and maximising your brand's assets.
Shared Benefits include:
- Value/competitive pricing - From £100 per month to host the application and up to 100GB of storage.
- Expertise - Our application experts support the system and hosting infrastructure, resulting in one less application for your IT Team to worry about.
- Flexibility - Host your solution with us in either the EU, North America or Australia.
- Security - We only use Amazon (AWS) an industry leading and ISO27001 certified provider for our infrastructure.
- Simplicity - All popular Single Sign on technologies are supported including ADFS, Azure AD, Okta and any other SAML 2.0 compliant identity provider. We also have integrations for Crowd, OpenID, Google and Sage Passport. Allowing staff to login automatically whilst supporting email/password login for partner organisations.
- Peace of mind - All our servers are monitored remotely to ensure everything is running smoothly, and all asset and application files are backed up daily.
- Auto-upgrades - Take advantage of all the latest features as they are released. Customers on our cloud hosted infrastructure receive regular automated upgrades to the product.
- Infinite scalability - Our leverage of AWS S3 allows for terabytes of data to be stored.
- CDN (Content Delivery Network) - Content Delivery Networks are a great way to improve the speed in which your applications and files can be accessed around the world. We use AWS CloudFront in order to optimise loading times for your users.
More detail of security policy & process can be found here in our shared hosting description.
A dedicated solution is ideal for those seeking guaranteed allocation of system resources to support large numbers of concurrent users. It includes all the perks of our shared hosting offering, but with your own dedicated resources.
- Support for custom requirements, e.g. a virtual private gateway using Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- 24/7 automated monitoring and restoration of services, e.g. if the Tomcat service fails or a URL monitoring alert is triggered when the application becomes unresponsive.
- A dedicated virtual server to ensure that your data is not hosted on the same physical hardware as others.
Virtual private servers are fully scalable, performant and cost efficient. They can be up and running in minutes rather than having to purchase, install, and deploy a physical server rack. An Amazon EC2 dedicated virtual server is single tenanted as supposed to our multi tenanted shared hosting platform but resides on shared hardware.
More detail of security policy & process can be found here in our dedicated hosting description.
If you'd like to enquire about costs or have any questions relating to either our shared or dedicated hosting platform contact our support team today