Asset Bank supports slideshows of images from the Lightbox, Search Results and Browse pages. To enable the slideshow functionality you need to make the following settings change:
The slideshow will generate images to display on the fly, this can result in the slideshow running quite slowly. If you find this to be a problem then you need to enable large image caching by doing the following:
- Change setting cache-large-images=true
- Change setting cache-unwatermarked-large-image=true
- The view-unwatermarked-large-image-size setting defines the size of the images that will be created for use in the slideshow. The default size of 800px is normally suitable for most uses but if you are expecting to have a set of users with very high resolution monitors you may want to increase this size.
- After settings changes have been activated login to your Asset Bank as an admin user
- Determine the minimum and maximum id of assets in your Asset Bank (either via the database or via the search page and the id sorting functionality)
- Call the url http:///asset-bank/action/regenerateImage?lowerId=[minId]&upperId=[maxId] (replacing the [minId] and [maxId] as appropriate)
This will cause Asset Bank to generate cached large versions of the images in your system and once this routine has completed (which may take a number of hours depending on the number of assets you have in your system) you should find the slideshow loads more quickly.
By default Asset Bank's slideshow watermarks it's images if your large image popups are also watermarked (via the watermark-full-size setting). If you would prefer you can display the slideshow unwatermarked even when the large images are watermarked by updating the setting watermark-view-slideshow-if-full-size-watermarked to false. If large images are unwatermarked the slideshow will always be unwatermarked.