The Facebook integration allows you to put a Facebook "like" button on your Asset Bank.
The setup page can be found under Admin > System > Facebook.
If you do not have a 'Facebook' tab in Admin > System, then you will need to upgrade your Asset Bank.
Once enabled, the button will be visible on the Home page of your Asset Bank and on publicly visible assets only. This allows visitors to 'like' the site in general or assets that others can also see. This is ideal for Public facing Asset Bank where you would like to increase traffic via Social Media.
After a webpage gets 'liked' Facebook will automatically create a Facebook page around it.
This page is visible to its administrators only.
To enable this feature on your Asset Bank you will need a Facebook login to act as the administrator of the page created by Facebook. You can use your own personal account or create one specifically for this purpose. You will need to get the 'ID' of your chosen account. To do this, log in to the Facebook account which you want to be the administrator of the page, then look at the URL of the page. The end of the URL should be something like 'id=123456789101112'. The number is the ID you need to enter into the 'Facebook Admin ID' field on the Admin > System > Facebook page. Do not enter the 'id=' part into this field.
If you are a Facebook application developer (or you administer an application on Facebook) you can also enter an application's Facebook Application ID in the settings page to act as the administrator for the page.
You can specify the admin ID(s) and the appearance of the button via admin settings.
- Show Faces: Display faces of friends you have if they have already liked this page.
- Show Send button: This will optionally allow the user to send this page to someone via facebook (rather than just adding it to their own stream).
- Button Layout: Choose a button layout and watch it change in the preview area to see what it looks like.
- Verb to Display: Whether to display the verb "like" or "recommend".
- Facebook Admin ID(s): A comma-separated list of either the Facebook IDs of page administrators or a Facebook Platform application ID. At a minimum, include only your own Facebook ID.
Note: To find the ID of a page administrator, get them to log in and then go to this page:
If you scroll down you will see the Admin ID at the bottom of the first table in Step 2.
By default, when a person 'likes' your Asset Bank Homepage it will show an Asset Bank logo in their stream on the 'liked' item. If you want to display your company's logo or another picture on the 'liked' item in a person's Facebook stream then you can configure this by following these steps:
- Place your desired image into the webapps/asset-bank/images/standard folder on the server.
- Open this file in a text editor: webapps/asset-bank/jsp/standard/en/customisation/inc_logo_for_facebook.jsp
- Change the name of the image from ab_logo.png to the name of the image you used in step 1.
- Restart Tomcat
Once completed, you can test your site using the Facebook tool here: