IMPORTANT NOTE: Asset Bank now requires at a minimum: MySQL 5.7 or SQL Server 2008.
What are the requirements for us to proceed with the remote installation of Asset Bank?
- A server that meets or exceeds our system requirements.
- Connection details for the server in question (root SSH or Administrator RDC access) and any VPN connection details if required.
- Connection details for the MySQL or MS SQL database server Asset Bank is to use (if you have no preference we will install MySQL on the server for you).
- Access to or have the ability to install a front-end management application for the database (SQL Server Management Studio, MySQL client) so we can run scripts against and back up the database (not needed if MySQL is to be installed locally). If this is not at all possible we will liaise with and supply your DBAs with the relevant scripts.
- If you would like Asset Bank to be integrated with a webserver on a Windows server we will need IIS to be installed on the relevant server. Please also refer to the following article.
- Details of an SMTP server Asset Bank can use. Alternatively, we can configure a local virtual SMTP server using IIS on Windows or Exim, Postfix on Linux.
- The preferred location where Asset Bank is to store the asset files (Local drive or NAS details).
- If you have a Professional or Enterprise license and would like Asset Bank to be integrated with LDAP we will need the details of a user in your LDAP server with permissions to search the LDAP directory. Please also refer to the following article.
- If your server does not have access to the Internet we will need you to make the required files available on the server.