To setup Google+ Login for Asset Bank, you will need to create a google application and obtain a client ID and secret key. This is needed to identify your Asset Bank and to ask for login permissions from users as a defined application.
To create the needed keys visit the Google Developer Console while you are logged into your Google account and follow these steps.
- Click on Create Project
- Enter a Project name. You can optionally enter a Project ID or keep the auto-generated one
- Click on create, and wait for the project creation activities to finish. You will be redirected to the Project Dashboard page for the project
- You must now set a product name. Click on APIs & Auth on the left hand side menu and choose "Consent screen"
- Choose an email address from the drop-down
- Enter a Product Name in the appropriate field. This can be "[Your brand] Asset Bank" for example, then click on Save
- On the left hand side menu click on APIs & auth and then on Credentials
- Click on "Create new Client ID" under the section OAuth
- Choose "Web application" for Application Type
- Delete the content of the Authorised Redirect URIs as it is not used
- Click on "Create Client ID". The Project Dashboard page should now have some additional information on the right hand side
- You will need Client ID and Client Secret when configuring Asset Bank, so make sure you have a reference to these values
- Click on APIs
- Search for Google Plus
- Click Enable API
Now that the Application has been created in the developer console, Asset Bank will need to be configured to use it for Google+ Login. If you are hosted with us, please contact email@example.com at this point.
If you host AssetBank on your own server infrastructure, you can do this by following these steps:
- In your Asset Bank webapp folder, navigate to the folder classes and create a copy of the file GooglePlusSSOSettings-standard.properties called GooglePlusSSOSettings.properties
- Edit the file and amend add the rows for client-id and client-secret similar to this snippet:
client-id=[Client ID created in the previous action] client-secret=[Client Secret created in the previous action]
- You can optionally set an application-name
- Save the changes
- Edit the file ApplicationSettings.properties and search for the entry sso-enabled and make sure it's set to true
- In the same file search for the entry sso-plugin-class and set the value GooglePlusSSOPlugin and save the file
- Restart Asset Bank
If the configuration was successful you should now see a Google+ Sign in button in the login screen. Depending on your configuration, users will be able to click on it for logging in. Visit Options for Single Sign On for more information.