IIS 7+ introduced the maxAllowedContentLength configuration setting, which by default limits the size of uploaded files to 30 mb. To increase this, we suggest the following value be added to the Web.config in the Asset Bank IIS site's root:
<requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength="524288000" />
This will increase the upload limit to 500 mb.
If you prefer you can edit the value via the IIS Manager.
- Navigate to the Asset Bank site
- Select 'Request Filtering'
- Select the 'Hidden Segments' tab
- Select 'Edit Feature Settings' from the Actions window
- Change 'Maximum allowed content length (Bytes)' to 524288000
If this change does not have the desired effect, please ensure the following:
- That the IIS site is restarted after the change, so the new setting can take effect.
- That the site's web.config file is in the correct location. This can be found in IIS by navigating to the site, looking at the Basic Settings, and then finding the Physical Path. By default this is C:\Inetpub\wwwroot, so the default path of web.config should be C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\web.config.