To delete assets in bulk, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Asset Bank as an admin user (only admin users can perform bulk deletes).
- Go to the 'Advanced Search' page and run a search that returns all the assets you want to delete. You may have to do the deletion in multiple stages if it is not possible to run one search that returns all the assets you want to delete.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the link 'Export all results'
- If you want to download a zip file of all the assets you are about to store then click the checkbox 'Export asset files'. If you are not interested in keeping the files, and just want to delete them, then do not check this checkbox as it will slow down the process.
- Click the button 'Run Export'.
- The application will now prepare a file containing the metadata of the assets and, if you chose 'Export asset files', a zip of the actual files. When it has finished, you can click on the links to these files if you want to download and store them. Otherwise you can ignore these links.
- To delete all the assets from the system, click the link 'Delete the exported items'.
Please note: this will permanently delete the assets from the application, so make sure you really want to do this. If you do this in error and need to get the assets back then your technical adminstrator would need to retrieve them from a nightly backup.