To delete assets in bulk, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Asset Bank as an admin user (only admin users can perform bulk deletes).
- Go to the 'Advanced Search' page and run a search that returns all the assets you want to delete. You may have to do the deletion in multiple stages if it is not possible to run one search that returns all the assets you want to delete.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the link 'Export all results'
- Click the checkbox 'Export asset files'. This will create an export of both the metadata and the compressed assets themselves (for optional external storage after deletion from the app: N.B. this may take a long time to process if there are a large number of assets, you may want to consider breaking the export down into smaller chunks at this stage). Click the button 'Run Export'.
- The application will now prepare a file containing the metadata of the assets and a zip of the actual files. When it has finished, you can click on the links to these files if you want to download and store them. If you do not wish to save the files, you can ignore these links.
- To delete all the assets from the system, click the link 'Delete the exported items'.
Please note: this will permanently delete the assets from the application, so make sure you really want to do this. If you do this in error and need to get the assets back then your technical adminstrator would need to retrieve them from a nightly backup.